IPhone ringing with long delay

Discussion in 'iOS' started by michlG, Jan 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michlG

Hello,
    we are experiencing issues that the iPhone is ringing very late.
    Meaning that if someone is calling me it can take a while until the phone is actually ringing.

I have also a Snom 870 on the same account. When I receive a call the Snom is ringing immediately.
    The iPhone rings 1 - 15 seconds later. And sometimes it seems that it is not ringing at all.

This is really annoying since the callers are often not waiting for 20 seconds.

The problem seems to be independent from the internet connection. It is the same if I use Wifi or LTE.

Is it possible that the Apple PUSH Notification System can have such long delays?

Cheers
    Michael

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Michael

I explained some time ago the difference between answering a SIP INVITE and answering via PUSH, please have a look:

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/push-at-ios-3cx-client-doesnt-work.47733/page-2#post-205401

A better "user-friendly" explanation is following:
    from your office next to mine you shout at me "Vali, you have a call!" (this shout is the push call). Now me I'm looking under my desk to find my Grandstream, I power it up, I plug it to network, I'm waiting to be registered then I'm performing a *20* and, finally, call is answered.

However, those 15 seconds you mentioned... we'll have to check why SO long :confused:

Thanks
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sopock

Sopock Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@Sopock
    I will start to delete your "advices". Consider this as a last warning.
    Thanks for understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.