Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

iPhone Tunnel

Discussion in 'iOS' started by TCF, Dec 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCF

TCF

3CX Phone V14 SP2

Our wifi and 3cx Phone system are on 2 different networks with 2 different modems but both have the same domain name. When I connect to wifi at our office 3cx Phone for iPhone won't connect because I believe it is trying to connect locally instead of using the Tunnel and giving me a Destination Not Found / Timeout message. How does 3cx Phone determine if you are in the office? Does it try pinging the local ip address or does it check the domain name you are connected to? I'm thinking it must be a DNS issue. I have an A record set with the static IP of our 3CX Server. I'm sure I must be missing something?

2. IliasL_3CX

3CX Support

Hi there,

The 3CX apps will try to connect both with the internal and external address. Can you confirm that the tunnel option is selected on the app and that the phone was configured via the welcome email and not manually.

Kind Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TCF

TCF

Yes it is configured correctly on the phone, works when outside the facility on 4g and when using someone else's wifi network.

Edit: Problem solved. The Web Protection on our networks Sophos firewall was blocking packets from our external IP on the other network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.