Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

iPhone unregister without notifcation

Discussion in 'iOS' started by mib59, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mib59

I have an Iphone 4S IOS 5.1 with 3CX 1.1.4 installed. I can register to our Cisco Calmanager 6.1.2 but after a while the iPhone loose registration. I have only seen notification 1 time, and this came when I left the building. This is nice software, but this problem gives me a problem releasing this in our enviroment, if I can't solve this.

Any ideas?

Also a little indicatior in the IPhone screen top would be nice.

/Michael

2. albertc

There is a limitation on how apps work in the "Background" in iOS. When a running application is pushed to the background in iOS4 or higher, it is put into a suspended state. It is not actually ‘running’ any more. Because the app is in a suspended state, it won’t impact the performance of an application running in the foreground nor will it consume a lot of battery. More importantly, for a VoIP application like 3CX for iPhone, the application cannot perform any actions for a minimum of 600 seconds. This means the app cannot perform any SIP registrations, keep-alives, or other actions that a VoIP application normally executes in order to maintain connectivity. Apple did provide support for the maintenance of TCP-based connections for VoIP applications while in the background however. Try switching to TCP transport if your PBX support it.

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Please wait for 1.1.5 - 1.1.5 is seriously improved and, among other things, the "background mode" is doing now very well (it's being used on a daily basis by some people here and it said to be working nicely).
    It's still in development but we will release it soon.
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

this is wonderful news. thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Justice0800

Hi there,

I have just set up 3cxphone on my iphone 4s and come across the same problem. Is there a release date for 1.1.5? Do you require beta testers?

Thanks

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

it is out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.