iPhone V12 Push Not Working

Discussion in 'iOS' started by Simon.Clifford, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon.Clifford

We have a couple V12 systems set up.
    These are working fine with iPhones and iPads.
    We have set up the push notifications however when using V12 on the iOS devices they do not ring when in the lock screen.

Strangely this does work when using V3 of the application.

2. IliasL_3CX

3CX Support

Hi Simon,

Please note that the phone will not ring when the phone is in the lock screen. Instead you should receive an alert like when you are receiving an SMS message.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Simon.Clifford

Thanks for the response.

There is no notification of the incoming call by any form (ringing or text like notification).
    Why was this feature removed when it rings in an older version?

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

I’m running 3CX v12 SP6.1 and using 3CXPhone for iPhone v12.1.8 without any issue.
    When a call comes in, the iPhone notify me with a PUSH message, just what IliasL_3CX replied to you.
    The feature is not removed.
    Have you set up 3CX correctly for PUSH messages as described in the manual?

Regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Simon.Clifford

Hi

Yes we have set it up as specified in the manual.
    this works in the V3 application but not in the V12 and is the same in two systems, one running SP 6 and the other SP 3 on a free licence.

6. IliasL_3CX

3CX Support

Hi Simon,

Can you kindly check the firewall and ensure that the ports that are specified at the end of the article in the following link are open:
    http://www.3cx.com/docs/configuring-apple-push/

Best Regards

7. scottyc

We can get the push notification, however, by the time we enter the code into the lock screen, wait for the app to start and connect so that we can answer the call, the calling party is sent to the forward rules or voicemail. It works the same on WiFi with the 3CX server and on 4G/LTE

Are there any suggestions on how we would answer the call from the push notification before the time out?

IPhone 6
    3CX V12

8. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

We are on track to release a new, much improved, version of our iOS client, maybe at the end of this month.
    The most significant things are related to its connectivity:
    - embedded tunnel
    - a completely new push notification support based on new features provided by the iOS 8.x.
    So far everything is looking very good, but more work ahead, so please have some patience.

Thanks
    vali

9. scottyc

Are the planned updates still on track for the end of this month for the iPhone?

10. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

and wow - an embedded tunnel?

11. positron

I see the iPhone app was just updated in iTunes to 12.1.9 on May 8, but the "What's new" just says "Maintenance release". Does this include the new features mentioned or just minor fixes? I'm doing a deployment this week at a new client and want to know if the instructions for use of the app/tunnel have changed.

Oh, and by the way, the Change Log at http://www.3cx.com/blog/change-log/3cxphone-iphone-build-history/ hasn't been updated in a while.

12. scottyc

We installed the update for the iPhone app, but we are still unable to get the push feature working.
    Now it doesn't even notify the user there is an incoming call.

edit: Android app is working great!

13. scottyc

The app works when you have it opened, but the push doesn't notify.

On the phone we have the following settings:

Background App: Enabled
    Contact Access: Enabled
    Use Cell Data: Enabled
    Push Notifications: 5

When the app is opened it shows registered and on hook.

14. bdarcyevans

Does anyone have push notifications working at the moment? I am running the latest version of 3CX, the iPhone app, all Apple push ports are open at both the 3CX server and firewall yet despite Push being enabled and the extension added to the list I'm getting nothing. No problems using the app when open, but getting nothing on standby.

15. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Yes, the push notification is still working.

3CX v12.5 SP1 - 3CXPhone v12.1.9
    iPhone 5s - iOS 8.3
    No tunnel installed
    Over the air - 3G

16. bdarcyevans

Thanks Frank. I will keep troubleshooting.

17. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Maybe these screenshots can help.

Attached Files:

18. bdarcyevans

Yep, those are the ports I have open. 3CX configuration matches too. Can't see anything obvious in 3CX logs, have checked that the certificate was updated with v12.5 SP1 - looks good. Is interesting though, looking at our firewall logging, at no point can I see any connection attempts to/from the 3CX server to the Apple push service, nor can I see any live connection attempts on the 3CX server using 'netstat' or TcpView when enabling or disabling push, or when a call comes in to a 3CXPhone for iPhone provisioned extension. It's like 3CX isn't even trying to access the service. Have tried with and without Windows firewall enabled.

@complex1 - what OS is your installation running on? Mine is running on Server 2012 R2.

19. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Oeps, almost forgot… in the router I have also enabled in the Access Control List Apple’s IP-address range for PUSH notifications.
    See attachment below

3CX v12 and lower was running on Windows 7
    3CX v12.5 is running on Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    Used the same hardware (Atom 2700)

Attached Files:

• ACL.PNG
      ACL.PNG
      File size:
      13.1 KB
      Views:
  20. bdarcyevans

@complex1 - Am I correct in assuming that 3CX connects to the Apple Push service at the time of an incoming call to an extension enabled for push? I have verified that I can connect from the 3CX host to a number of Apple Push servers (followed the connectivity test instructions on the Apple website) but still not having any luck. As far as I can tell, there are no outbound connections (attempted or otherwise) from my 3CX host to the 17.0.0.0/8 range at any stage (enabling push, ringing an extension enabled for push or disabling push).

Do you know if the push functionality is meant to work on extensions that are only used with 3CXPhone for iOS? I've tried enabling extensions for push in this scenario but they just go straight to voicemail (or as otherwise instructed) when the client is not open/running in the foreground. In case this is not supported I've also been testing with extensions that also have desk phones associated/signed in but obviously no luck there either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.