Solved Iphone X - Notifications not showing up

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by TobiasGoeller, Nov 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TobiasGoeller

All,

We experimented with an iPhone X yesterday... as it turns out as soon as the phone is locked no calls get through (it rings but iPhone X isn't displaying anything).

Apple did change / add some features to the notifications... so this might need to be reflected in the client...

Otherwise (even with 11.2 Beta) the client works like a charm.

Tobias

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Tobias
    Thanks for feedback!

The interface shown when the device is locked belongs to - and is handled by - the iOS (CallKit), app doesn't have any control over it. The only normal situation I know, when that interface is not shown, is when the device is in DND (the "moon" shown on status bar). We'll check, of course, but, at this moment, we don't have yet an iPhoneX, and the feedback we got from beta testers didn't mention the issue you reported.

vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Also, on a second thought:
    you mentioned "notifications" in the subject, but referred to calls in the description - and my answer was related to calls.
    Well, about notifications - like chat or missed calls - please check in the device's Settings/3CX/Notifications/Show on Lock Screen if is enabled.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TobiasGoeller

Hi,

We have set that correctly (notifications do show up but NOT the actual call - so you get the call, it seems to ring in the background but you don't see the call coming up).

On Iphone 7 / 6 / 5 .... whatever... this works perfectly well (I think iphone 8 sould work as well since the only real difference regarding software is... none.). iPhone X is a different animal, though...

Tobias

5. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

It might be also a problem of iOS 11.2 (which is in beta) - which, exactly for this reason, we don't support it (if OS beta has a bug and we provide a fix, then when they will provide a fix, our fix becomes a bug). Let's wait a bit.

However, if you want, please send me by PM your Apple ID (the one in device's Settings/iTunes & App Store) and I will add you as a Beta tester and in 10 minutes you will get our 15.2.8.281, to see if how it works.

Thanks again
    vali

6. TobiasGoeller

The iPhone X has official 11.0.x release... iphone 6 & 7 have 11.2 (and work like a charm)

Tobias

7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

OK, to keep this topic updated:
    Tobias installed and tried the latest beta (15.2.8.281) and seems this version is resolving the iPhone X issue he reported. Therefore, the next official release (expected by the end of this week) should work OK.
    Thanks Tobias for help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.