iPod Touch registering, but timing out on VPN connection

Discussion in 'iOS' started by npiersma, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. npiersma

Well,

I got two Ipod touch devices for my sons this Christmas. Plan was (still is) to hook them up to our office 3CX server. Unfortunatally we ran in some trouble.

First the needed forum info.
    Phone Model: iPhone
    Generation: 5
    Firmware Version: 6.0.1
    Jailbreak: [NO]
    Cydia Installed: [NO]

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: [N/A]
    Contacts: [N/A]
    Connection: [WiFi]
    Server: [Internal (over VPN)]

Than the setup. We have a 3CX setup at our office. Between our HQ and my home i've a site 2 site (IPSEC VPN) connection (Full IP access). At home we've LinkSys SPA 921 and a Grandstream GXV3175. These are working fine. The same goes for the 3CX client on a android tablet. However, i can't get the 3cx working on the ipods.

I've set them up for TCP (i.s.o. UDP), they register nicely, but once i dial 99 i get a time out, same goes for accepting calls.

Log:
    Extension 85 is registered, contact: sip:85@192.168.178.21:5060;ob

So it is registering, but doesn't work... My other Phones are working, tested with 3 AP in our home, (D-link, Zyxel and Fritzbox) none of the work. The Grandstream is connected wirelessly, so I can exclude that as a source of a problem.

I know it is free, but would be nice if it worked on an Ipod, still have to try my wife's iphone 5, just to see if it works.

Is there a debug option which I can use/enable?

cheers,
    Niels

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Does the 3CX log show any sign of an incoming call?

I'm assuming that you are unable to dial any numbers, not just the VM access?
    If the device is able to register, but, there is no sign in the logs of a dialled number, then the SIP invite is go going to the IP of the SIP server, why? Misdirected, incorrect IP? Something must be blocking the messages?

3. npiersma

leejor,

Your assumption is correct, it applies on all outgoing numbers, not only VM. The display reports "time out" after sometime.

What i don't understand is that my old ipad 1 is working fine from the same wireless lan as well a my andriod.

Will test with iphone 5 today.

Niels

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mixig

mixig Active Member

Can you see logs on 3cx server in server activity log, or can you start wireshark on 3cx and see in real time is there any sip REGISTAR messages are coming from your ipod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.