IPV6 support

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JZuluaga, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JZuluaga

Does 3CX supports iPV6?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I do recall the question asked before but don't recall that a move has yet been made to support it directly. Perhaps in version 12, if the need is there. Seeing as the PBX is "generally" dealing with devices on a LAN, and the majority of those are still IPV4, your option (at the moment) would be to put 3CX behind a router capable of supporting IPV6. As pressure mounts, and more hardware is made capable, there will be a migration to switch to IPV6. At the moment there seems to be no big push, especially by ISP's, to get the average user to change over just yet.

Someone at 3CX would have to confirm that IPV6 support is being considered.

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed problems running 3CX server into pure IPv6 local-area network (V11 on 64-bit MS Win 2008R2 Server) with PCs running latest 3CX softphone 6 on Win 7.

I have a customer using also Microsoft IPv6 remote connectivity called DirectAccess for connecting his remote computers to headquarters and using 3CX Phone on them without any issues.

I suppose you need a good router working as a gateway between IPv4 (internet) and IPv6 (intranet) for successful implementation.

In my personal opinion, nevertheless IPv6 seems working, I still don't see a reason for using it into LAN environments.

BR

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

I can't say I know a lot of about this (ipv6) but I thought the one main benefit for voip is to get rid of NAT headaches on remote extensions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.