Iristel and 3cx - unable to make outbound calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by randybell75, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randybell75

I am new to 3cx, have been using asterix based systems.

I am trying to get 3cx to use a Iristel SIP trunk. I can get this trunk working on another pbx from the same network so it's not a lan or rotuer issue.

The trunk registers ok and I can call inbound to the pbx, but I can't get outbound calls working. I keep getting forbidden errors on the outbound calls.

02-Nov-2015 14:06:06.540 Leg L:81.2[Line:10000>>5555555555] is terminated: Cause: 403 Forbidden/INVITE from 208.89.128.80:5060
    02-Nov-2015 14:06:06.540 Call to T:Line:10000>>555555555@[Dev:sip:15557631760@sbc1.iristel.net:5060] from L:81.1[Extn] failed, cause: Cause: 403 Forbidden/INVITE from 208.89.128.80:5060

Any suggestions?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are certain that you are sending a valid number (format), then I would suggest contacting the provider to see if they can analyse and provide any insight.

3. randybell75

I have already been in contact with the provider several times and they are unable to see an issue.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Check verbose logs and also a wireshark. you should get more info on why it is not being allowed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. randybell75

I already turned verbose logging on. Is there somewhere else to pickup more logging?

I ran wireshark during the attempt, any suggestions based on this?

Attached Files:

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The log is a screen capture that does not allow for examination of the underlying details.

However, the issue is that the invite being sent from the system is not meeting the provider's needs. They are the ones sending the 403 and it is they who should be able to tell you why. If you have the other system setup and working such that by using the same credentials and numbers it can make outbound calls, then you should be able to capture that successful exchange and then go back to 3CX and do a comparison of the capture to determine the issue. Of course, some of the data will be encrypted making some aspects impossible to determine, but it may be enough.

The issue is typically associated to:
    Incorrect credentials - AuthID, password, number (perhaps a copy and paste added in an extra space?)
    IP address ...if the provider requires knowing from where the registration is coming from

and even sometimes, if the bill is not paid, the provider may allow some aspects, but not others.

Take a look at the provider settings in advanced. What option is set for require registrations for.........?

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Yeah - you would need to let us examine the saved Wireshark PCAP to give more info. A simple screenshot tells us nothing.

As far as verbose logging - when you look at the logs, you click the verbose button and it gives more info about the calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.