Is 3CX is right for me?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by shauli, May 20, 2007.

1. shauli

Hello,
    I am in the process of replacing my Avaya Partner PBX system and I need some help figuring out if 3CX is the right solution for me.

I am running 3 businesses from the same location. I have 3 incoming voice lines and 1 fax line.
    Each line is for a different business.
    When a call come in I need to know from which line the call is from (different ring tone, or name listed on the phone).
    I need an automatic attendant (different for each line) announcing and than put the caller on hold (with music on hold) until the call answered or until it is routed to voice mail.

I have 10 extensions. 5 of them is by a computer that connected to the office network router, and 3 are not by a computer but cat5 wiring available
    and 2 that only cat3 wiring available.

I will need 1 soft phone on my laptop that I can take with me when traveling and allow me to connect to the office or my incoming calls.

Which version of 3CX will accommodate the above?

What are the components that I will need other than the software?

Any help is very much appreciated.

2. silentfun

silentfun Member

i think 3cx is a good system and it meets most of your point.

for the 3 lines you need a PSTN gateway device.

there is one point you can not see what line is ringing your phone. but the software inbcludes a assistand for your pc that can indicate the lines extensions and so on but i am not sure if that is ok for you.
    If you use VOIP Hardware Phones that can manage more then 1 line (some Grandstream can manage 4) you can give one phone some extensions and the phone indicates what line is ringing. I think this is the best case for you.

till this point the free version is ok for you perhaps for more detailed information on the assistant or so you need a other version but you find the featurelist here
    http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/enterprise-features.html

all other points are meet by 3cx PBX

if you like to get a audiotest just call +49 211 58009801 that are 2 attendens that are cascaded and ruled by time and menue (but german voice)

if you need help with the installation you will find it in this forums.

Andy