Is 3CX right for me?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Stan, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stan

Dear all,

I live in a country where using VOIP over internet would be impossible due to limited bandwidth... Instead I would like to apply for a PABX system with my traditional phone provider but don't want to purchase traditional (RJ11 connected) digital phones to make external phone calls.

What I have actually is a Windows 2003 based server and some workstations running XP Pro with Office 2007. For sure I will need to purchase headsets to use with 3CX software on my client computers. Is 3CX the right software for setting up an IP software based telephony system within my company?

Cheers,

2. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Hi Stan,

I'd say "yes it is", as it allows you to have any combination of POTS/ISDN/VoIP trunk lines. To achieve the POTS/ISDN solution you would need to buy an FXO gateway to sit alongside the 3CX implementation and interface to the lines themselves. This solution then gives you a PBX which uses VoIP internally and POTS/ISDN externally, and can use VoIP trunks externally when your country upgrades it's internet lines.

If you need any more info (including someone to purchase from ;-) ) then give me a call - the number's in my sig.

(ooh, blatant sales pitch!)

Cheers.
    Mike.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. simones181170

yes u can use 3cx pbx with psnt getway

4. alicic

alicic New Member

Yes, you can simply use it, buy FXO Gateway for your purposes and conect it to your Line and you will be able to make outbond calls. For gateway you can take Grandstream 4104 which is not expancive or you can take MP414 Audio Codes.

regards,

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Absolutely. At 3CX in Cyprus, we use the combination of Patton, Grandstream gateways to dial out. We also have a fully functioning bridge to our Malta office. We don't have any downtime at all.

3CX does NOT require the use of a VOIP provider. In fact we recommend using gateways where ever possible.

Use Recommended gateways!!

Any Patton
    Grandstream GXW 4104/8
    Audiocodes MP

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.