Is 3CX the solution that I need?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JorgeM, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JorgeM

Hello!

I'm starting a small home business and I need a phone solution. Currently I have a Skype Number and a Skype unlimited plan for my country. I'd like to people call to my Skype Number and hear a greeting message and then the call be redirected to my mobile phone or my wife's mobile phone using my Skype plan minutes, since we're both running this business and we are on different parts every day. Can I use my Skype Number with 3CX in order to configure it this way?

Thank you, experts! :D

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you have Skype Connect (a business offering) then it can be connected in the same manner as any other SIP trunk. Incoming calls can be routed to a Digital Receptionist and after a selection by the caller, it can then be routed out on another trunk, to your mobile. If you are using the regular, old, run of the mill Skype that most non-business people are using, then it can no longer be integrated with 3CX. There used to be a 3CX Skype gateway application, but it no longer works with the most recent changes that Skype has made to it's service.

#2 leejor, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.