Is Cisco Ip SPA303 compatible witg 3CX?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zlesavich, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zlesavich

:D

#1 zlesavich, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Just having a quick look at the specs...shows that it supports SIP and Smart Phone Control Protocol (SPCP) with the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collate ... 01648.html

So...I'm not sure if the set is capable of supporting both, "out of the box", or, if the SIP firmware has to be loaded first.

Are you positive that the set you are trying to configure is set-up to use SIP?

If so, then, given past experience with Linksys/Cisco devices, you should be able to follow the manual set-up information for one of the other Cisco devices in this link.

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/ Updated link

3. Chalky

I have one of these at home and it was a big of a pain in the backside to set up, but yes, it is indeed compatible with 3CX.

I will post my config as soon as I can for you.

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Many Cisco phones with the exception of the few SPA seriers tested and listed on the 3CX website are a huge pain in the azz. However from many of the post I've read after hours and hours of headaches, trial, and error most do work. I had the same issue with a Cisco 7975 but after playing with it here and there for a few weeks it is operational with 3cx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.