Is CRM Plugin API a client-side API?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kr0st, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kr0st

Hi guys, I have a question on 3CX API, actually I have a slight difficulty understanding which API is client-side and which is server-side.

My task is to develop a plugin or application that will be using 3CX server through some of its APIs to get notifications on all incoming and outgoing calls (server-wide) to register data like who was calling whom, time when conversation started and ended, etc.

So, I have a choice between HTTP API, Call Control API and CRM plugin API. Seems HTTP API is incapable of doing what I need then Call Control API seems like advanced server-side API that is used to get some custom behavior of the server and finally there is CRM plugin API. First I thought this last API is the way to go – I just need to write some .NET dll that will be used in a form of a plugin at server side but then when I start reading about that further it began to look more and more like a client-side plugin... I mean it requires 3CX client components to be installed and it seems to be able to react on calls going only to this specific client and not server at large.

Is my understanding correct - CRM plugin API is client side API and if I want to do my task I need to use Call Control API on a commercially licensed server?

Thanks,
    kr0st

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.