Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Is it possible and how to use HT-386 with 3CX for PSTN line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Oli, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oli

Oli

Hi everybody,

I want to install 3CX for home use and actually have a GrandStream HT-386 for using my internet connection to make VOIP calls (Thanks VoipBuster for the free price of telecoms to landline ;=) ).

As I plan to allow each member of home to have it's private extension, 3cx seems to be verry attractive.

I want to know if it will be possible to use 3cx for "normal" calls (VOIP) and use the HT386 as a "PSTN" line "backup" service.
    Also, the actual incomming calls came from the PSTN line on the HT-386 and are redirected to a wireless phone.

So, is it possible to keep this configuration and how to declare this in 3CX.
    (normal incomming calls from PSTN through HT-386 to wireless phone, normal outgoing call in VOIP through VoipBuster, and PSTN outgoing calls through the HT-386 to the telco provider.)

Thanks for the informations (config of 3cx, HT-386)

Kind regards

Oli.

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Grandstream

Hi,

if the device you are referring to is a normal FXO device, then its possible to have this setup. The Grandstream acts then as a normal VOIP Gateway. PLease see the manual how to configure your system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Oli

Oli

Grandstream HT386

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

The HT386 has 2 FXS ports and no FXO ports.

Is it still possible to do what I want ?

Oli

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

You need FXO

Hi,

To connect a PSTN line you will need an FXO device. FXS is of no use to you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.