Is it possible and how to use HT-386 with 3CX for PSTN line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Oli, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Oli

Oli

Hi everybody,

I want to install 3CX for home use and actually have a GrandStream HT-386 for using my internet connection to make VOIP calls (Thanks VoipBuster for the free price of telecoms to landline ;=) ).

As I plan to allow each member of home to have it's private extension, 3cx seems to be verry attractive.

I want to know if it will be possible to use 3cx for "normal" calls (VOIP) and use the HT386 as a "PSTN" line "backup" service.
    Also, the actual incomming calls came from the PSTN line on the HT-386 and are redirected to a wireless phone.

So, is it possible to keep this configuration and how to declare this in 3CX.
    (normal incomming calls from PSTN through HT-386 to wireless phone, normal outgoing call in VOIP through VoipBuster, and PSTN outgoing calls through the HT-386 to the telco provider.)

Thanks for the informations (config of 3cx, HT-386)

Kind regards

Oli.

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Grandstream

Hi,

if the device you are referring to is a normal FXO device, then its possible to have this setup. The Grandstream acts then as a normal VOIP Gateway. PLease see the manual how to configure your system.

3. Oli

Oli

Grandstream HT386

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

The HT386 has 2 FXS ports and no FXO ports.

Is it still possible to do what I want ?

Oli

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

You need FXO

Hi,

To connect a PSTN line you will need an FXO device. FXS is of no use to you.