Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Is it possible to play wav file from External source?

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by ibrahim akgün, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibrahim akgün

Hi,

Im developing a Survey IVR so i wanna will make an Windows or Web UI for costumer with that costumer will give parameters, Answers, Questions and their audio files then IVR will play audio whatever costumer have choosen.. But is it possible to play prompt playback audio files from external resource? Or any example for this?

Thank you.

2. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Your explanation of what you are trying to accomplish is not entirely clear to me, but I think you are trying to create ad-hoc surveys where the IVR asks questions of the caller, and the caller responds with an answer by pressing a button on their phone, or recording the caller's comments (voice) in response to the question. If this is what you are trying to accomplish, take a look at our "3CX Post Call Surveyor". This add-on for 3CX allows you to create an unlimited number of surveys, and associate these surveys with a extension within 3CX. The caller's responses are saved in a database. For example, one possible question might be "Did our agent answer your question with just one phone call? Press 1 for yes, or 2 for no". Or, perhaps something like "Do you have any additional comments you would like to share about our services? Please record your response after the beep and press # when you are finished".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ibrahim akgün

I re-checked your Post Call Surveyor that what i want to do.. So is there any example for play ext wav files from IVR App and For example if user change questions and their wav files I have to recompile IVR app and upload new IVR file to 3cx Server. But how can i achive this? Any idea?

#3 ibrahim akgün, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @ibrahim akgün,

You can play wav files from any location, as long as you can point to the files in the files system. So files can be in the local file system, or in a network share, as long as you have access via the file system, you can play them. If you need to get the files from a web service for example, you can use an HTTP Request component to download the file, save it to local disk, and then play it from there.

You can use the Dynamic Audio File prompt to create the file path on the fly, using any expression. You can concatenate strings for example to create the complete file path string. Take a look at this page from the manual:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/cfd-prompts-expressions/

Please note that wav files are cached in-memory to improve performance, so you can't change the files once you have played them. In that case, you need to use new file names, but this is not a problem if you also use expressions to create the file path.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.