• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

is it possible to trigger screen pop from 3cx client

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyn

Reaction score
I am looking to pop a window up which will ask the user to fill in additional information when they make a call, is this possible ? it would be a web page

This functionality is not built-in to the client however nothing is stopping you from writing your own application to add this functionality. You would have to monitor the 3CX VoIP client's window status.

I have made something similar to what Darrell described using batch files and a small utility called CMDOW. The batch file was kept in a loop, running cmdow on each loop, looking for a pre-defined window title. When cmdow returned an entry containing the window title specified the batch file continued its execution (which would send me an SMS and upload a file using FTP). It was a "dirty" way to achieve what I needed, but it was the only tools (and knowledge) I had! However, you can do something similar using almost any programming language, from scripts to executables...

darrel,
as I am able monitorare the state of 3cx voip client?

If you have your client to set to pop-up a Windows with an incoming call, you can setup a program watch for this Window. I've seen a couple of applications that can do this but what you can do with them after that, I don't know. If you are a programmer you can also hook in to that window and listen for messages being sent to it; although this is done at a very low-level and may not be easy to do.

tank's!!
this is not simple

But don't give up just yet.

There is a big need for 3CX to interface with ERP/CRM systems, and if 3CX wants to tap in to the Enterprise market, this is a necessity.

you are right!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.