is it possible to trigger screen pop from 3cx client

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jeremyn, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyn

I am looking to pop a window up which will ask the user to fill in additional information when they make a call, is this possible ? it would be a web page

2. darrellchapman

This functionality is not built-in to the client however nothing is stopping you from writing your own application to add this functionality. You would have to monitor the 3CX VoIP client's window status.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. coelhopsi

I have made something similar to what Darrell described using batch files and a small utility called CMDOW. The batch file was kept in a loop, running cmdow on each loop, looking for a pre-defined window title. When cmdow returned an entry containing the window title specified the batch file continued its execution (which would send me an SMS and upload a file using FTP). It was a "dirty" way to achieve what I needed, but it was the only tools (and knowledge) I had! However, you can do something similar using almost any programming language, from scripts to executables...

4. francesco

francesco New Member

darrel,
    as I am able monitorare the state of 3cx voip client?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. darrellchapman

If you have your client to set to pop-up a Windows with an incoming call, you can setup a program watch for this Window. I've seen a couple of applications that can do this but what you can do with them after that, I don't know. If you are a programmer you can also hook in to that window and listen for messages being sent to it; although this is done at a very low-level and may not be easy to do.

6. francesco

francesco New Member

tank's!!
    this is not simple

7. darrellchapman

But don't give up just yet.

There is a big need for 3CX to interface with ERP/CRM systems, and if 3CX wants to tap in to the Enterprise market, this is a necessity.

8. francesco

francesco New Member

you are right!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.