• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Is it possible....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigEye

Reaction score
I have an Avaya phone system in my main office. I'd like to setup a 3cX system there to create an extension to my office in another city. Ideally, a call would be able to be transferred from the Avaya phone system to my extension on the 3cx system. I assume I would use a voip gateway, but how would I connect the phone/system to my Avaya system?

We need some more info. Tell us about the Avaya system, what is it and how does it work.
Why don' t you only use the 3CX system? It depends if you want to have only voip or also some pots (analogue) phones in your system. Just tell us more about what you have, what you use and what your intentions are.

We have an avaya phone number (non-pbx) which is pure analog.... we have 10 physical pots lines that come into the avaya system. I have a remote office in another city, but all of the calls are answered at the main office. Calls need to be transfered from one office to the other and I thought that using a voip system would assist with the transfering of calls between offices. Can this be done and can 3cx do this?

Your best answer is use 3CX everywhere. Setup a PSTN gateway (4 port FXO and an 8 port FXO) to connect your 10 analog lines. This will bring the calls into 3CX.
Otherwise you will have to have phone #'s setup to transfer to as extensions in avaya to call 3CX. Not a pretty approach or easy for users to remember that you are crossing systems.

I agree with RobLloyd. Please try to let 3CX be the main system and the gateway is to get the phonelines in.
Why don' t you try to make those pots lines also voiplines? So everything is voip. Here in Holland you can transfer your old analogue lines into voiplines with another provider and keeping the numbers. Maybe something for you?
Gateways are expensive and with only voip you can manage everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.