Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Is the fax service running at all?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jacky18, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacky18

Hi I wonder if the Fax Service can be used at all? In the server status, it shows it's running however, I don't seems to be able to configure it (or maybe I'm just too green to find out how).

On the other hand, if this service is not usable, is there a way to turn it off?

Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you trying to configure?

From a line, you must set all calls as faxes in order for fax service to kick in.

Thanks,

3. jacky18

The reason I asked is that I'm running a community version and I kept seeing the fax service running. Just wonder if I can use it or not because if not mistaken, receiving fax is a paid feature.

If it's a paid feature, then I want to stop this feature as I'm using community version and fax is also taking a bit of resources :)

Thanks

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, receiving faxes is for the commerical versions only, so in your case you can disable it.

Thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.