Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Is the Free edition only free for 1 year?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by coreybrett81, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coreybrett81

I am looking for a little clarification on the "Free" version.

In several places on the 3CX website, a "Free" edition is mentioned which seems to be the "PBX Edition".

But there is also language on the website that discusses a maintenance package for the Free version.

So… Is it actually free for one year, at which point you will have to buy a maintenance package in order to keep it up to date and functioning with a FQDN?

If so, perhaps the 3CX website could be a little clearer on that matter.

I have no problem purchasing the maintenance, if that is required, I LOVE 3CX, and it's totally worth the money.

accentlogic likes this.
  2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 sip.bg, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @coreybrett81

and thank you for the feedback. The Free PBX edition key is free and has a valid maintenance for a year. After that you will need to renew your maintenance in order to keep your FQDN and automatic certificate renewals and be able to access future updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.