Is there a 3CX Mate software out there? Remote usb phone...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by smart0, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smart0

Hello. I am a newbie here with 3CX.

Earlier I used Voipbusters own software for Windows, but in Windows 7 it can't remember my audio settings and go back to the main speaker all the time... Thats why I want to try something new.

Together with Voipbuster I used a smart little program called "Voipbuster Mate". I know there are similar programs for Skype named "Skype Mate".

These programs let my USB phone connect directly to Voipbuster/Skype so I can control everything directly from my phone. I dont need to do anything from the pc keyboard. I can dial the number and just press green button and #, all on on my phone, and then it dials! It is convinient.

Is there any way for me to do the same with 3CX? I'm looking for a kind of "3CX Mate" if you understand. :)

Thanks for reading this.

2. carolinainnovative

At the moment no, but CounterPath's various softphones supposedly have some of that functionality - maybe what you are looking for. Most of their products are payware - but you could certainly test their free x-lite and see if it includes the functionality. If not, their payware products are excellent. Bria is, by far, my favorite.

See here:
    https://support.counterpath.com/default.asp?W64

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    We have a preliminary implementation developed for 3CXPhone to support SIP Phone integration in a similar fashion as Skype Mate does, when it will be released we will announce this.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Yippee, but will this release be in the near future or in the far future?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. smart0

Thanks for answering - and for a very positive answer! Hoping for a 3CX Mate application in a very near future. I would appreciate that.
    Regards,
    Trond

6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    @complex1 - next important release of 3CXPhone (I guess in 1-2 weeks) will provide two major features, most notably multiple simultaneous accounts support. So I expect that after that, next release to provide such support for certain SIP phones.

@smart0 - Skype Mate and XLite Mate are applications developed by the SIP Phone manufacturers to integrate their SIP Phone with Skype / XLite. In case of 3CXPhone, it will be exactly the opposite, 3CXphone will integrate support for the SIP Phone, therefore no any additional "Mate" program will be required, 3CXphone will recognize the SIP Phone once this is plugged-in.

Regards
    vali

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.