• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Is there a file size limit for on hold .wav files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziptalk

Reaction score
Sorry to ask this here, I was unable to sign into the Support portal although could sign into the partner portal. But i'm quickly looking for an answer to the question above. I see that the onhold.wav is c. 5MB.

I have some royalty free alternatives but they're 25MB, and I want to know whether a) there is a preferred size limit and b) whether there would be any performance issues with a larger file.

Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance on this.

Lewis

Not sure about the limitation on size, or if there is one, but, I would wonder, as I don't know this myself...how often is the file restarted from the beginning? In other words, are people going to be on hold long enough to hear the entire file, or the next time they call, do they hear it from the beginning again or just join in, somewhere in the middle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.