Is there a "How to" on setting UP BLFs on alternate VM box

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pjm6505, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjm6505

I just installed the 3cx system and for the most part everything is working fine.
    However in our old allworx system we set up 2 queues (one for sales and one for Tech SUpport) each with the own VM box.

If the individual calling either sales or Tech support got tired of waiting in the queue, they could leave a VM in the corresponding VM Box, and all tech support agents would get a separte BLF indicator if there was a message in the Tech SUpport Mailbox.
    The BLF was in addition to there own VM indicator.

I have the 2 queues setup and working on the 3cx, however I have not seen how I can monitor the Tech Support VM box or Sales Mail box and set a BLF on the corresponding Agent's phone.

We have both Cisco 508G and Yealink T38 (which are very nice).
    Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Is there a "How to" on setting UP BLFs on alternate VM b

Unfortunately there is no "department" mailbox that will alert a MWI on multiple sets, and give users the option of accessing the department mailbox along with their own. You could try putting the mailbox extension number as an appearance on a second key on a set, if the set supports MWI from multiple mailboxes.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

yep - not sure how you have the vm set up for these department queues as queue mailboxs do not exist. if they are separate extensions, the yealink via manual provision can subscribe to multiple accounts - up to 6.
    Just setup that "VM Box" extension. The same light will come on - and when you have a message and hit view on the screen, it shows which box has messages if I recall.
    Now getting the messages has 2 options.
    1) Setup the VM Ext as a line presence on one of the 6 buttons at top right. Then they select the key before calling vm.
    2) Call into vm, hit pound, then it will ask for which extension.

If all is working right, when someone deletes the message, the light should go out on all phones.

Not sure about using a separate blf for the message light though - I have not tried it. But in the DSS Keys you can set one to VoiceMail and select which account/line it is for. You do not need to enter 9999 (of vm extension) in the Value column. Maybe the button will light up properly. Worth trying.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Ok so I tested this and the BLF light doesn't come on - but the message light does.
    Hitting view on the screen show which account has a message.
    For easy use, the BLF is assigned to Line 2. So when I hit it, It uses that account to dial from and all I do is enter the pin.
    I also did not have to set one of the line keys to account 2. so when I hit the blf to call vm for that account, none of the line keys lit up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.