Is there a list of 3CX recommended ATA adapters ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Fatboy40, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

I'd like to hook up a couple of analogue lines, in the UK, to our new 3CX v9 system. There are various ATA adapters out there, however, it doesn't appear that 3CX officialy reccomend or support any specific manufacturer or model ?.

Which out of the following would people reccomend to use with 3CX v9 ?...

Linksys SPA3102 Analog Telephone Adapter

Patton M-ATA-1/E Micro Analog Telephone Adapter

... thanks.

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

We successfully use the Linksys PAP2T with 3cx and we have SPA3102.

Havent used the Patton so cannot comment on those.

For just analog phone use then you cannot go wrong with the PAP2T. We have a lot of customers who plug in 2 DECT6 phones in them and all of them comment on the high call quality since moving from traditional phone systems to VOIP.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you go to ... http://www.3cx.com/support/ you will see the configuration guides and which devices have been tested. It would certainly be my understanding that if a device were listed there then that would be a sort of recommendation, wouldn't it?

The two devices you mentioned, the Patton and the Linksys are slightly different, in that that Patton is only an ATA whereas that Linksys is both an ATA and a Gateway.

Many devices seem to perform the same function, however, some lack additional functions/flexibility that you won't notice missing until you "get into" VoIP a bit more. I wouldn't go out and buy a dozen of one particular device unless, you were already familiar with it, and liked it, or, it was highly recommended by someone you trust, and you got a great deal on them.

You do get what you pay for, shop around. Buy one or two, try them out, find out what they can or can't do. If you really like them, and they do what you want, then buy more, otherwise move on to another device.

4. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

Many ATA can work with 3CX. Grandstream 286, 386 but also multiport 4004-4008-4024 are fully supported and work great with 3CX. Linksys SPA-2102 (2 port) work great too. If you prefer Patton All FXS multiport (4,8, 24 FXS) can work without problem with 3CX (but the configuration is not simple like for Grandstream and Linksys).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

I wasn't aware that the Linksys SPA3102 was a gateway as well !.

That's me buying one today then, thanks everyone :)

6. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

... well, three purchased actualy, which should keep me busy for a while :wouldliketoaddasmiliebuttheydontwork:

7. raqdedicados

linksys pap2t extesion

Hi there

Can someone please can explain me how to configure the pap2t as an extension for the 3cx pbx. i'm very newbie to this and trying to setup it but it always fail, the extesion register but i can t make the phone ring and etc...

Also it is possible to configure the other pap2t extesion as a fax ext ?

I would appreciate if someone could help me with this

Thanks a lot !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.