• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Is there a receptionist Switchboard for 3CX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph

Reaction score
Good morning,

A client I have been speaking with seems to like the 3CX concept but asked about using a live receptionist with 3CX.

Is there a switchboard application within 3CX or even a third party application that would allow a live receptionist to take calls for the enterprise, transfer calls, que calls, and in essence control the entire system?

Can this be done with Call Assistant? Maybe set up the receptionist with multiple extentions that roll and a phone that handles 10+ extentions??

Thank you

One of my clients is using a ring group to ring a couple phones for a live receptionist. After 10-12 seconds it then goes to DR.
With Call Assistant you can do everything you wanted. Unless I'm not reading your requirements correctly?

Interesting, Nick and myself spoke about this a few days ago.

Some of the ideas I flared up was to have the Call Assistant presenting the lines in the same way as the admin console.

The idea behind that is to allow the receptionist to see the incomming lines and route the call to the extension (either after pick-up) to the available extension.

I figured that if we make some minor changes to make it look as the admin screen all the receptionist has to do is click on the icon of that extension.

Perhaps we can group extensions per department etc but I think it gives a clean integration as the icons also represent the status of the extension so the receptionist can ask the caller if they want to leave a message or call back later.

Just a thought, what do you think?

Good morning

3CX does need a specific utility for a live receptionist to control calls. In every presentation so far this has been a client requirement.

The interface should be a single page affair that allows the receptionist to see all lines and/or channels, all extentions, ring groups, Automated Call Attendants, Call Ques, etc.

The interface should have drag and drop functionality so the receptionist can easily transfer or redirect calls by dragging and dropping lines or extensions.

The receptionist should also be able to change the status of any extension (available, away, etc.) and tranfer calls directly to voice mail. The receptionist should also be able to control the afterhours schedule and switch to the afterhours mode manually.

Just a few thoughts :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.