Is there a Tannoy feature

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Carecomputers, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carecomputers

Hi All,

We are looking at implementing a 3cx system using Yealink phones and I have been asked the question if there is a
    tannoy feature, our current system you can pickup the phone hit 63* and then speak into the hand piece and all the
    phones in the office broad cast the message throught the built in speaker, is this possible and how would i go about
    configuring this.

Thank you in advance for any help and input.

Hamish

2. cfive

cfive Member

Hi Hamish,

Would that be equivalent to paging? You can set up a paging ring group in 3cx that will do the trick.

Cheers, Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Ring groups---->select paging drop down box-----> add all extensions you want in the paging ring group. you simply dial that extension you assigned to the ring goup and all phones you added to that group will broadcast the page.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

In a larger installation you will want multicast paging - as dong a ring group to all phones will take a long time to set up -
    On my 60 phone system it took almost 10 'seconds to contact all handsets. Multicast works much better - but I think is not out yet for yealink.

Tannoy is the same thing as Saying Kleenex but meaning tissue... Yes?

5. countrycomp

Yealinks (at least the T2x series) certainly support multicast paging. You can also setup different priorities of paging so that a more important page will overide an existing call while a lower priority will ignore a handset on a call. We found that the 3CX Ring Groups have a fixed priorty which puts existing calls on hold so we have generally used a dedicated button on the handsets to initiate the multicast page. The info is in the Yealink manual.

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Yes - the 3x Yealinks have a MultiCast button - but no listener just yet. They said 1st Q 2013. So hopefully it is coming.

7. Carecomputers

Thanks for all your responses to my post that has help a great deal and this might be a clincher on getting the boss to
    part with some cash and move us to a new system. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.