Is there a way to do phone number formatting for the U.S.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ouray RV Park Cabins, Apr 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ouray RV Park Cabins

I just cant seem to find a good doc / example on how to reconfigure the Caller ID information being passed from: xxxxxxxxxx to: (xxx) xxx-xxxx

I know I need to edit the Trunk Editor Inbound and Outbound, but I just cant find a good U.S.example.

Thanks!!

2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

May I ask why ?? How would someone redial ? (Cause obviously when you call out you can't send the telco those ()- characters )

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Dashes and spaces (on the numeric portion of CID) are normally inserted by the receiving device.

4. Ouray RV Park Cabins

Thanks for clearing that up, I was asking the wrong question.

Then is there a way to configure the softphobe 3CX client and my Yealink devices to display the format (xxx) xxx-xxxx? This is the format that the cellular carriers and even Google Voice shows when calls are received.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's whow the device you are using, formats the number. There may be a Yealink feature that allows this. Many mobiles will do this for numbers, in the format used, for the country the the set was originally issued in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.