Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Is there a way to do phone number formatting for the U.S.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ouray RV Park Cabins, Apr 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ouray RV Park Cabins

I just cant seem to find a good doc / example on how to reconfigure the Caller ID information being passed from: xxxxxxxxxx to: (xxx) xxx-xxxx

I know I need to edit the Trunk Editor Inbound and Outbound, but I just cant find a good U.S.example.

Thanks!!

2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

May I ask why ?? How would someone redial ? (Cause obviously when you call out you can't send the telco those ()- characters )

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Dashes and spaces (on the numeric portion of CID) are normally inserted by the receiving device.

4. Ouray RV Park Cabins

Thanks for clearing that up, I was asking the wrong question.

Then is there a way to configure the softphobe 3CX client and my Yealink devices to display the format (xxx) xxx-xxxx? This is the format that the cellular carriers and even Google Voice shows when calls are received.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's whow the device you are using, formats the number. There may be a Yealink feature that allows this. Many mobiles will do this for numbers, in the format used, for the country the the set was originally issued in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.