Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Is there a way to have the auto attendant just forward to a Greeting File?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jason Perkins, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Perkins

I am sure that 3cx can do this, but I cant figure out how. I just want to give direction to our business, and then have it go back to the the autoattendant.

For example:
    Press 1 to get Directions to our Business.
    - the auto attendant will play the wav file, then when completed the autoattendant would prompt again for next choices.

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Try this,

create another auto attendant with no options except your message. On the timeout, select 1 and point it back to other autoattandant

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Go into another IVR with that new message - and that IVR has no options... just a message.
    Then "Timeout" return to original IVR.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Ouray RV Park Cabins

Thanks! This makes sense.

Is there also a way to pass a call from the Virtual Receptionist to an extension- and if there is no answer, have it play a message and then disconnect? For example, a Cafe where nobody answers after 20 seconds. It will play a message that everyone is busy and try calling back later. The voicemail box should never be reached.

5. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Another attendant, timeout end call .

No answer on the extension forward to this attendant instead of voicemail

6. Ouray RV Park Cabins

Thanks everyone!!! I love these forums!

BTW- I did discover if you add a 2nd Voicemail box account and make it the first 00 extension, it can act as a group voicemail for all the phones. The notification shows the first voicemail box. Maybe someday 3CX will figure out how to do a group voicemail box, that is the default for all extensions added....AND shows the voicemail status :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.