Is there anyone know is 3CX have dialcode like asterisk 777

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by netenken1, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netenken1

Is there anyone know is 3CX have dialcode like asterisk 777 ?
    In asterisk Sometimes we use this feature to test/emu the inbound call,
    and It's very convenient ,
    or sometimes we need this feature code to take IVR from another device to 3CX , we can also use this feaure..

If 3CX do not have this feauture, I think this will be a nice suggestion, thx...

2. darrellchapman

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with Asterisk at all. Can you describe this feature in more detail please?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. netenken1

the feature code is useful to emulate/test the inbound call into asterisk/trixbox ...
    thus when we want to test the IVR flow, it's very convinent....

and IF USE THIS FEATURE CODE WE DO NOT NEED TO spend money to use another phone or SIP device to call into asterisk/trixbox...to test IVR flow

just pickup extension and press 777 , you will heard the IVR, it's the same to inbound call...

And another usage is, if I have another SIP device, and I wanna transfer to asterisk/trixbox, I can give this feature code and it's will connect to the asterisk/trixbox IVR the top of the IVR flow entry...

so maybe you can add this new feature code, like v6 some new dial-code..

sorry my english isn't very good, i don't know maybe you don't understand my meanings...

4. netenken1

in our case, our company create 2 Digital receipt
    81: for office time
    82: for non-office hour

And we have a Skype server with 4 skype account and login to 3cx, this 4 skype will be 4 3cx extension 20~23

when another user use skype callint 20~23, I need to pass the call to 3cx original IVR ...but now, I just can only pass the call to
    81 or 82 ...It's could not to send the caller suitable IVR, becuz they always heard 81 or always 82..

we wish the caller will heard the 81 in office hour, 82 in non-offhour

entry ---> 81 (office hour)
    ---> 82 (non-office hour)

if we have the feature code, we can difine a feturecode to the entry, and give it's to the forwarder...
    not always pass to 81 or always pass to 82...@@

Another good idea is use the code to emu/test IVR flow from start...

5. darrellchapman

Oh, I see. Good points. So this number would obviously be subject to any inbound rules you had in place, like the office schedule.

I definitely see a benefit to having the feature implemented.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

What is the problem? In 3CX PBX you can define as many IVRs as you want. Each have its own extension number. You can call them from any internal extension, or forward calls to it from external line according to time table. No special codes required. Just call DR number or forward/transfer to it. Doesn't it cover your needs?

7. darrellchapman

Archie, I see his point in having this feature code.

1) Use it to determine that office hour rules are being applied correctly (without viewing logs)
    2) Able to transfer caller to single DR and let system determine whether office hours shall apply.Since callers get transferred to different DRs depending on the time of day, it would allow you to transfer a caller to a single number without having to think about which DR they should get transferred to.

It would also come in real handy when 3CX implements custom inbound rule sets for calls...

8. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Strange points.
    1) If there's any doubt in correctness of office hours it could be tested once (ok, twice). Using logs. What is the reason to check it more often?
    2) If there's only one DR as a target -- what's the point in different hours than?

Custom inbound rules are in plans for V7.

9. darrellchapman

When you decide to implement multi-tenant functionality, that will require different schedules and a dialcode like this would make sense. And any custom inbound rules (or scripting) (for which I really have a need for) would need this dialcode on a per-tenant basis.

10. netenken1

first, I am happy that two of you discussing my suggestion..^_^

although my english is pretty pool, but I think
    darrellchapman has already understand all of my meanings ...^_^

and maybe you can try to install "trixbox" ip-pbx software,
    it's has very flexibility in IVR functionality...

maybe It's could be a good referance about the IVR function when 3CX next version...

becuz I am also a developer, that a small suggestion can be add to the 3cx with the smallest feature change...
    1) add the inbound call "the first entry feature code
    2) each DR has it's own time-table , so user can separate the IVR-flow with time element

so, when the inbound call incoming, 3cx will goto "the IVR first entry" for exp:777
    and 777 has it's own time-table, If in office hour goto 81 (see the example in the past post) , in non-office hour goto 82
    and it's done...

Although trixbox IVR functionality is so powerful but it's also increase the complexbility for user to use...
    I think 3CX's IVR is already easy to use, just need to add a little feature is enough...

thx a lot in Taiwan...^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.