Is there "Shared Line Appearance" support?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wrp, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrp

wrp

I've searched for this topic but the results from the past few years are conflicting. This is a must-have feature. We have 10 Cisco SPA504g phones (4 lines each). All phones are on the same LAN. We have 4 analog PSTN lines, but will soon move to 4 Voip lines.

We need a low cost PBX that can support this: When an outside call comes in, 5 of the phones ring simultaneously (that is, one line extension on each of the 5 phones will ring and light up). Any phone can answer, and then the LEDs on the other phones indicate the line is in use. You can put the call on hold, and then any of the 5 phone can simply pick up the call by pressing the appropriate Line button. (Yes, this is just like the old style key system, but the staff says they must have this.)

I've see postings on this forum from 3 years ago describing how this is supported in 3cx V4. But I also see a posting last month saying this is working but undocumented in V8. And I also see a recent posting that there are plans to support this in V9.

So is anyone familiar with the status of support for this feature? (I currently have a Cisco SPA9000/SPA400 which promised to support this, but now Cisco says maybe they actually don't, but they will refund my purchase price.)

Thanks.

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Your last statement was correct, it will be comning out with version 9. There is no ETA for this yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.