Is this possible (incoming call rule)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Clickenfit, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clickenfit

Hi Everyone,

We where wondering if this possible in the 3cx software

Customer cal's number 0123456789 (sip number, not limited on outgoing calls)
    The 3cx software will start ringing a few external mobile numbers (3 or 4) and will connect the call to the one
    who picks it up first.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Theoretically it should work. That said it would be nice to get confirmation from someone actually using it successfully as to the reliability when using multiple mobiles as the destination. This sort of set up has been brought up before on the forum, a search should turn up some attempts.

You could set up a ring group with 3 or four extensions, each forwarded to a mobile using an outgoing VoIP provider. Gateways out will not work as they go "off-hook" after the number has been passed onto them. One problem using multiple mobiles as the destination is that if one, or more, is "not available", either out of range, underground, or on the line, the caller will get a message or voicemail. If that happens and an answer message is sent back to 3CX, all other calls will stop and the caller will could immediately be connected to "we're sorry the party you are calling is out of the service area", or a voicemail greeting, with no opportunity (time) for the others to answer.

3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

First off this is possible, and I have tested it before, but one thing you should understand is that a lof of telecom providers shwo that a call is connected as soon as a number has been passed to them. This can cause the PBX to think that the call was connected and stops ringing the others, therefore only ringing 1 phone. On most VOIP providers this problem does not exist. The best way to go is to try it out and see what happens with your setup. We will then guide you from that point on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Clickenfit

Hi Both,

Thanks for the replay.
    I tried your suggestion leejor but it doesn't work properly for me.
    When i call the number it it says that the number is not available
    This is the server log:

11:17:48.910 Call::Terminate [CM503008]: Call(71): Call is terminated
    11:17:48.910 LineCfg::getInboundTarget [CM503012]: Inbound office hours' rule for LN:10002 forwards to DN:60
    11:17:48.910 LineCfg::getInboundTarget [CM503012]: Inbound office hours' rule for LN:10002 forwards to DN:60
    11:17:48.879 Call::RouteFailed [CM503015]: Call(71): Attempt to reach [sip:60@192.168.11.5:5060] failed. Reason: Not Registered
    11:17:48.848 Call::RouteFailed [CM503015]: Call(71): Attempt to reach [sip:60@192.168.11.5:5060] failed. Reason: Not Registered
    11:17:48.848 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503016]: Call(71): Target is not registered: RingAll60:61Ext.6163Ext.63
    11:17:48.832 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503010]: Making route(s) to [sip:60@192.168.11.5:5060]
    11:17:48.832 Line::printEndpointInfo [CM505003]: Provider:[Budgetphone 2] Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [GW01.budgetphone.nl] Transport: [sip:192.168.11.5:5060]
    11:17:48.832 LineCfg::getInboundTarget [CM503012]: Inbound office hours' rule for LN:10002 forwards to DN:60
    11:17:48.801 CallCtrl::eek:nIncomingCall [CM503001]: Call(71): Incoming call from 00000000000@(Ln.10002@Budgetphone 2) to [sip:60@192.168.11.5:5060]

60 is the ring group
    61 and 63 are (unregistered) extensions with forward all calls enabled to an external number

Any idea's?
    We have 3cx version 6.1

Thanks in advanced.

5. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

The logs is showing a not registered, this means the rules are not in place prioperly, you must do it this way on the extension in question. forwald all calls, all hours, to an external number. Please repost the logging one you have performed these changes to all extensons.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Clickenfit

That is what i did.
    I made an new extension (but the extension in not registered to any phone since it should only redirect to an external number, might this be the problem?) and enabled "Forward All Calls" in "Destination Unreachable / Forwarding <<<" in the extension properties to an external number.
    Then i made an new ring group and added both extensions

7. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

are you sure you did forward all calls> all hours ?

8. Clickenfit

i can't find that option tbh

9. mfm

mfm Active Member

hmmmm, its is in extensions> ext number> forwarding rules, the same place where you set your extenison to divert to mobile..

10. Clickenfit

i attached an print screen

Attached Files:

11. zman574

Perhaps a good idea would be start by just getting one phone forwarded I have a motel set up where the call queue rings the front desk phone and then rings to a cell phone in case they are not there. I had to set up the first extension and then make it ring a second extension which was actually the cell phone.

In version 8 on the forwarding rules use the simple rules and forward all and then use the press 1 option to accept the call, that should take care of the issue of the voicemail on a cell phone.

Also when I was setting this extension up that I previously mentioned I had to enable outside calling from call queues somewhere that could be where the issue is. I think it is under advanced settings but i dont remember exactly where.... maybe someone else can help you with that exact setting that needs to be changed.

Once you can get one call outbound to work then move to trying the mulitpes.

Hope that helps you out with a step in the right direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.