Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Is this possible with 3cx?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by edujim, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edujim

Can I do the following with 3cx?

I have 5 spa508g's phones with extensions but with no voicemailbox. When calls get transferred to those phones.

1. If call is not answered, bounce back to person who originally transferred the call
    2. If phone is busy, bounce back to person who originally transferred the call

I dont want to send calls to different extensions, which is one of the options on Forwarding Rules tab.

v11 SP4 version
    grandstream 4108 gateway
    cisco spa508g phones

thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I don't recall seeing that requested previously, and if the option isn't there in the call forward settings, then, at this point, you are out of luck.

You could submit a feature request although, if it did come out, it probably wouldn't be for a while as version 12 is already emerging ,and there would have to be enough of a demand to make it worthwhile adding.

It probably hasn't come up before as most extensions take advantage of voicemail, or call forwarding, which would make it unnecessary.

If it were the receptionist (or always one extension) putting through the calls, then an unanswered call could be sent back to them. Of course this wouldn't work if all calls didn't originate (were transferred) from one number.

3. netswork

netswork Active Member

You could also train your people to do attended transfers rather than blind to work around that issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I actually have a client that had that same request however you cannot bounchback to the extension that the call was transfered from howevre you can set the phone to go back to a particular extension if not ansewered ie a receptionist.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.