• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aone999

Reaction score
I stay in country XXX and I have a VOIP Service with a US Local Number. I also have an Local LandLine and cell number for the country XXX.

As me and my wife are out of the home most of time, we are unable to receive calls we get on the VOIP line (from US). When we reach home, we check the VoiceMail on the VOIP and return the calls.

What I need is something like this:

1. When a call arrives on the VOIP line, a voice menu should be presented asking for extension number.

2. When he enters, say "1", the Software should dial my cell number (of country XXX) using the Local LandLine (of country XXX) and connect the VOIP line to the cell number

2. When user prsses "2", it should call my wife's cell number

Also, another nice feature would be:

1. I call my Local LandLine(of country XXX) from my cell(of Country XXX)

2. 3cx gives a voicemenu, asking the US number I want to call

3. Once I enter the number, It should call the US Number on the VOIP line and connect the 2 lines.

Is this possible with 3cx software?

Hi Aone99,

following Scenario:

1) AutoAttendant takes the line and asks you for dial 1 for your cellnr. 2 for your wife

What I need is something like this:

1. When a call arrives on the VOIP line, a voice menu should be presented asking for extension number.

2. When he enters, say "1", the Software should dial my cell number (of country XXX) using the Local LandLine (of country XXX) and connect the VOIP line to the cell number

2. When user prsses "2", it should call my wife's cell number

That will work out of the box, appart from presenting with an extension number, you get presented with options.

You can however, dial the extension number as part of the phone number and that will bounce direct to the designated extension.

The normal digital receptionist stuff eg. press 1 and you get diverted to your land line number that will work. Even if you use different gateways, if you do that you need to add the dial out rule number (prefix) to the number you want to divert the phone to.

Never tried it myself but there are some posts on this subject.

Also for this option and the nice feature option you mention you create a dependency on your hardware.

Also, another nice feature would be:

1. I call my Local LandLine(of country XXX) from my cell(of Country XXX)

2. 3cx gives a voicemenu, asking the US number I want to call

3. Once I enter the number, It should call the US Number on the VOIP line and connect the 2 lines.

Is this possible with 3cx software?

Not sure, actually I know it can be done with some ATA. This creates a big dependency on DTMF and not all mobiles especially calling from OS will do this very well.

Hi All

Thanks for your prompt responses. I am downloading the free edition right now.

I'll try to setup the suggestions and will post my experience in couple of days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leo13215464
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.