Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Is XP OK?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by cfive, Jan 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfive

cfive Member

Will the current version 3CXPhone for Windows work on XP? (v14 system).

New prospect has some XP computers that are scheduled for replacement, but we'd like to proceed with 3CX before that happens.

Thanks - Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I haven't come across a list of which OS's are supported for the 3CX phone for Windows, as there is with the PBX software. I'm assuming that it was designed around the same systems that are used with the PBX, but, you really don't have much to loose in trying to install it, it will either work, or not. If it's an evolution of previous versions, then there is a good chance it will work

3. cfive

cfive Member

It's kind of important for the client, as he doesn't have a definitive answer from his HO as to when the XPs are retired. I may have to dig up an xp box, if nobody else chimes in.

Thanks, Leejor.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cfive

cfive Member

It looks like XP is out of the question, as .net 4.5 is required for 3CXPhone and I don't believe it will install on XP. It's possible that Mono (http://www.mono-project.com/) would work, but I don't know that I'll be testing it.

- Les.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.