Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

isdn 2 lines into an spa 3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gsaccountants, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gsaccountants

hi,
    sorry if this is a realy basic question and maybe i am missng something obvious but will the SPA3102 work correctly is I change our single line into an ISDN2 line? ie will more than 1 person be able to use the 3102 at once?
    thanks,
    al.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A single SPA3102 will support only one phone line (FXO port) and one telephone set (FXS port), If your ISDN adapter is providing two lines, then you'll need two 3102s. So, one 3Cx trunk uses one 3102 = one trunk call.

3. gsaccountants

hi again leejor.
    i am having brain fart.... if i change our single pots line to an isdn2 line - i will only have one physical bit of cable capable of carrying 2 lines simultaneously but i will need to connect 2 3102s? is that what you are saying?
    many thanks,
    alun

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, Basic rate ISDN can provide two lines (and a D channel) over a single pair. You will then have an ISDN adapter at your site which will have two phone sockets, line 1 and line 2. You could plug a telephone set into each one, or you could plug a 3102 into each socket. So, if you want to make use of both lines, you will need two 3102s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.