ISDN incoming calls and DDIs

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Pentangle, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Hi there,

If I have a system with 3 x ISDN2 connections, and a Patton 4638, and I want 6 DDIs such that there's a number for the main line and 5 numbers for departments, do I need to order any specific DDI configuration from the telco provider? or is DDI mapping and redirection to an available line done by the PBX?

i.e. if someone is on the phone on one of the lines, how does the incoming call know how to go to another line?

Cheers,
    Mike.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

bump...

Nobody using multiple ISDN2 connections with DDIs out there?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eddietang

I have 4 x ISDN lines which has telephone numbers not running sequencially. However I have one MSN (Multi Subscriber Number) service on one of the ISDN lines which is my main line number. If I call this MSN number (my main line number) it will hunt for any of the 4 ISDN lines.

This service has to be done by your local Telco so you will have to request for it.

I am using a AudioCodes MP-408 4 port BRI VoIP Gateway with this ISDN service.

Hope this helps.

4. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Thanks Eddie, that helps clarify things somewhat.

Cheers,
    Mike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.