• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

ISDN to VOIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardhat

Reaction score
At the moment we are testing 3CX. Now I am searching for the hardware to get the ISDN lines converted to VOIP. I have had a look at the hardware list on the website. There is only the Patton device which supports 4 ISDN ports (8 lines). But it seems to be hard to find it in the EU.
The AVM VoIP Gateway 5188 looks interesting. It would be easy to replace in case the hardware fails.
Does anybody know if this gateway does the job?

hardhat,

The Lancom 1724 also suports 4 BRI ISDN Ports.
Precisely, it's the ISDN-VOIP gateway we're using... and at this moment works fine...
Lancom is a German company so their product aren't hard to find in EU...

Thanks for the answers. I will try the Lancom 1724.

Greetings hardhat,

Patton's R&D is in Switzerland, so I'm surprised you can't get their units in Europe :). I believe Allnet distributes them in several European countries, also the Patton webpage should give you info on how to get them.

The SmartNode 4634/3BIS/UI offers 4 VoIP channels on 2 BRI ports, the SmartNode 4638/5BIS/UI offers 8 simultaneous calls on 4 BRI ports. Both DDI and MSN lines are supported.

Cheers
marcoluce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.