Issue Disconnecting Calls from PSTN to GXW 4104 Gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jmorrison, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmorrison

Hi, Please help!

I have GXW4104 configured with 3CX PBX base on the instructions provided by 3CX website. Outbound calls from 3CX to PSTN were fine, the lines connected to GXW are released almost immediately after call is hanged up. Calls to PSTN were first routed directly to 3CX extension, however after the call is hanged up the GXW4104 still had the line as busy, another example was tried by sending the call to IVR, however the same issue was experience after the call was transfered.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but. are you saying that inbound calls are not disconnecting if the PSTN line hangs up first. Is that it?

If so, then you may need to tweak the PSTN disconnect settings on the gateway.

The Gateway has a few ways to know that the PSTN line has dropped.

A signal on the line, polarity reversal or a short disconnect of current (only available if your provider offers this service), silence time-out(from one end, the other, or both), and the detection of a disconnect tone sent by your provider (must be set-up to conform with the tone sent by your provider). The second two can take a minute or so, depending on your provider.

You will need to experiment as to what works best in your case. The silence detection will sometimes drop very quiet calls, such as when you are put on hold

3. jmorrison

thanks for the advise, I will carry these tests

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.