• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Issue importing DIDs into 3cx

Status
Not open for further replies.

c.holloway

Gold Partner
Reaction score
Good afternoon. I'm having issues importing a large list of DIDs into 3CX. I have a csv file with 96 DIDs to import so I really don't want to do this by hand.

Every time I try I get an error. In order to create this file I have utilized two methods, neither of which work.

The first method I used was to manually add some DIDs and then export them to a file. I then took this export csv and filled in the data for the DIDs to be imported.

When I couldn't get this working I then looked online for a premade template file and found one here: http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/importing-dids/
I downloaded this CSV file and filled in the data but I ran into the same issues.

I have attached the most recent file I've been using to test with as its much smaller and only has 1 number i'm trying to import. Rows 2-4 are expected to fail as they are entries that already exist but the 5th row is new and should not be getting the same error as the rest of the rows. I matched the 5th row to row 3 as I want the new entry to be configured the same way. The csv file is attached for review. Can you guys see anything wrong with the file that would cause me to keep getting the below error?

"The following rows could not be imported: 2,3,4,5. Either the inbound rule already exists or the row has invalid data.Please review the file and check these rows."

Attachments

• exportDID.csv
    387 bytes · Views: 34
Someone recently had a similar issue importing extensions, another user pointed out that the file MUST be save as a DOS CSV file. In Excel do a file, save as, and select CSV (MS-DOS) as the Save as type.
I have no idea if that is the issue or not but it's worth a try

George,

Thank you for your reply. I just doublechecked that this was the file type and unfortunately I still have the issue.

First create one or several DIDs manually, export this file, edit it by adding new ones, and then import it.
Please note old template may not work. Also check the .csv file whether you have ',' or ';' as field delimiters, should be ',' (i.e. commas without the quotes).

Hope this helps, at least working for me. This also applies for extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy_53
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.