Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Issue installing Windows client on Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jstreit, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jstreit

Downloaded what I believe to be the latest version of the install from Downloads on the 3cx website. When I go to install it, it tries to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015. It unfortunately fails to install it due to the follow error.

Error 0x80070666: Cannot install a product when a newer version is installed.

After the Visual C++ fails to install, then the 3cx client also fails to install.

I have installed this client on many windows 10 machines but have never run into this issue before. Any ideas where I should start troubleshooting?

2. jstreit

Got around this error by uninstalling the new version of the Visual 2015 C++ x86 and letting the install program install the older version. This allowed me to install the 3cx client.

3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thank you for reporting this. We'll take a closer look at it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.