• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Issue sending FAX with 3CX and T38...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabferrando

Reaction score
Hi all,
my configuration is very simple. I have a Windows 2003 Server using MS Fax Service with T38 protocol connected to an extension of 3CX software, installed on other 2003 server.

I installed T38&FAX VOIP and MS FAX service on Windows 2003 in november 2012 and from this date my company users sent hundreds of fax without any issue.

Now when i try to send fax, MS Fax Service return error "There was no answer".
I'm sure that no change to T38, Ms Fax Service, 3CX was made. However i checked all configuratons that appear good.

During my troubleshoothing i discovered that when call a remote fax by the Voip phones (SNOM and YEALINK) i can hear handshaking start (less than a second) from it. But, after this... the silence :cry:
Further in some case line was dropped immediately.

(Obviously if i call same fax by a mobile or fixed phone i can hear all the handshaking sequence)

My VOIP provider says that no modify was made to our configuration.

So.... anyone has an idea to resolve my trouble?

Many thanks in advanced for you help

Regards

Does the 3CX log (verbatim setting) give any clues as the why the calls drops? If that doesn't provide any useful information, then i can only assume that something has changed. If not at your end, then at the providers (or ISP/transport method). Things don't "just stop working" for no reason, something is now different Had there been any firmware or hardware changes about the time it stopped working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.