• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Issue since upgrade cp860

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Cann

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Gday All,

Since the upgrade to 15.5sp1 we have a single cp860, that seems to stay registered for an hour or so, and then even though the dashboard shows it as registered, it is uncallable, and no calls can be made from it.

Log from my extension to cp860:

22/08/2017 15:36:41 - [CM503003]: Call(C:4563): Call to <sip:[email protected]:5060> has failed; Cause: 487 Request Cancelled/INVITE from 10.23.50.142:5060

Hi Brad,

Firstly are you saying there are other CP860's on this PBX which are working OK? the key question in that case is what is different about this one to the others. Such as:

* Location. Is this CP860 in a different subnet, down a VPN, remote via SBC, STUN.
* Firmware version (have you updated to the latest 3CX supported version)
* Provisioning - 15.5 SP1 has a new template which combines the CP860 & CP960 into the same template and also offers support for remote provisioning now - STUN, SBC etc. Please re-provision if un-sure.
* Check you do not have any call timers set either on 3CX or your VoIP Provider side.

Failing this I would re-create the extension, however if you want to investigate the issue in more detail you need to understand why that cancel is being sent. I presume that 10.23.50.142:5060 is the device at the other end of the call ?

CANCEL shuts down a session that has not received a final response. A wireshark trace/PCAP from one of the endpoints in the call maybe worth looking at.

the cp860 worked fine up until i reprovissioned it,it lives on the same subnet, all firmwares and 3cx version are all the latest. There are no call timers. The cancel was from my phone because extension 150 wasn't ringing at all and wasn't able to call out, it showed up as registered on the pbx, but i could see no log activty to show it was even contacting the PBX. i've gotten into the web page of one of the other unprovisioned (Well provisioned but under an older standard 3cx template) and noticed the only real difference was the fact it mentions stun.3cx.com under stun i've deleted that and will see how it goes throughout the day.

I'm experiencing this issue as well on multiple CP860 phones.

We had the same issue as this and had to manually apply the latest firmware - 37.81.0.10, which was not avaliable via the 3CX system management portal but is the minimum specified here - https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-cp-series/. This has resolved the issue for us.

As a side note i have a ticket open with 3CX with regards making the minimum firmware avaliable via the 3CX system mangement portal, as if you have any number of these handsets its time consuming upgrading each manually.

We had the same issue as this and had to manually apply the latest firmware - 37.81.0.10, which was not avaliable via the 3CX system management portal but is the minimum specified here - https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-cp-series/. This has resolved the issue for us.

As a side note i have a ticket open with 3CX with regards making the minimum firmware avaliable via the 3CX system mangement portal, as if you have any number of these handsets its time consuming upgrading each manually.
That's great news, I've only just got back from holidays and will do this on Wednesday. if this fixes it can 3cx please push this out?

1.5 days on wards and the issues with the 860 have disappeared after the firmware upgrade. no inability to make/receive calls after several hours idle.

Glad to hear the issue is resolved and thank you for sharing your solution. Firmware 37.81.0.10 is the firmware version being pushed out by the 3CX management console in V15.5 SP1

i'd hate to break it to you but NO IT ISN'T.... Seriously do you guys even know your own product?

Attachments

• cp860.png
    cp860.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 10
Hello Brad Cann,

when you add the phone into an extension the management console will give you the update for the currently supported firmware and template. As you can see the firmware for V15.5 SP1 is 37.81.0.10.
As i can see from your screenshot you have not downloaded the latest firmware (if you had the phone would be in Red). Please make sure that you can correctly resolve the 3cx downloads server from the 3cx server: downloads.3cx.com

2017-09-06.png
It is the same firmware mentioned in the provisioning guide and the in the phone firmware's link.
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-cp-series/
https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/

i can resolve downloads.3cx.com and it says i AM up to date, i am also not the only one, 2 OTHER people have said the same thing on this exact thread. The firmware not being in red was the EXACT reason why uploaded that photo, yet as you can see from the attached screen shot, the system thinks it IS up to date.

Attachments

• 3cx.png
    3cx.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 8
Are you using the default template for these phones or a custom? Also have you tried restarting the services or clearing your browsers cache and try again? Try clicking on the updates button on the dashboard and not on the updates on the top right of the screen. Do any of these help?

I've tried all of those steps and I'm not able to get the newer (37.81.0.10) firmware to show up.

I am experiencing this issue also, as my cp860 thinks its up to date.

nope, tried from multiple browsers (and by multiple browsers i mean chrome on my home machine and company laptop/desktop), cache cleared...

All my stuff is using the bog standard non customised templates.

also please unmark this as solved, as it obviously isn't......

Attachments

• 3cx.png
    3cx.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Perhaps some commonality can be determined by those on this thread experiencing the issue with the updates in order to assist support in isolating the problem.

May I suggest each of you experiencing this problem reply to the thread indicating the OS you're running? From a screenshot provided earlier, it appears Brad Cann is running Windows.

The reason I ask this is I have the two of the same phone on the Linux version of v15.5.3849.1 and it is updated to the 37.81.0.10 firmware.

hmmmm...

Funny thing just happened, logged into pbx, update showed on dashboard, so i clicked on it and when it got there it showed no updates, but i did notice that my ublock origin plug showed that it had blocked something. now even when i go in on a different machine or browser that "Update" whatever it is appears to be gone?

Is there a way to force a "Resync" to check for updates and unblock any that may have for any reason been selected to not download?

@Brad Cann

When pressing the "Update" button on the Dashboard (not on the top right) the system re-checks for updates. Would you be willing to give me access to your machine to check a few settings? If yes please send me a pm so we can arrange a teamviewer session. If we can identify the issue we can post the solution back here for other people to see.

I updated manually and the phone firmware is showing up to date just as it was on the older version of the firmware. I tried multiple computers/browsers as well. It found the updated firmware and downloaded it, but when I went to apply the new firmware it indicated the old firmware was up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mendy E
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.