Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

ISSUE WITH INCOMING CALLS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Valentin, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valentin

Hi!
    I am new to voip, and was advice from my provider to use 3CX softphone, my outbound calls are working fine ever since, but for the incoming calls, more often i get calls drop in the middle of the conversation. Please advice.thanks!

2. helia

How far into the call do calls get dropped. There is some data gathering you'll need to do to find out if its the itsp thats terminating the call or your pbx. This is done by capturing sip traces. See: https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/videos/advanced/wireshark-diagnostic-tool/

Its not a simple diagnosis. Who did you buy your 3CX license from. Have you checked with them?

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You first need to determine why the call is dropped (which end is causing it to happen), and, if for the same reason each time. The 3CX Activity log should show this, right after an occurrence.

4. Valentin

right now I have free 3cx installed in my laptop and still not working though. By the way, thanks for your quick response.

5. Valentin

I did not open my 3cx since last week because i need some information on how to make it work. Thank you for your response leejor. I will try to use other soft and let's see if my details will work.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If I understand correctly you are trying to use the 3CX softphone directly with your provider and not with the 3CX PBX? If that is the case, I apologise as i missed that. In most cases, the 3CX phone is used in conjunction with the PBX. Earlier versions were more "generic" and were better suited for use with other VoIP servers. The more recent versions tend to be more specific to the recent 3Cx PBX feature, which may explain the problems you are having, although there could be other factors involved.

I would seek the assistance of your provider as to why the calls are dropping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.