• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Issue with VoipOn trunk using DID/DDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotallyVoIP

Reaction score
After over 3 weeks of waiting and chasing VoipOn for help sorting a problem with inbound call routing, I'm interested in how other people have got on with their DID routing using 3CX.
We have no issues or problems routing a single line on a single trunk, or in fact multiple lines on a signle trunk if we don't want to use DID, but if we configure the Voipon side on things (on their web portal) as per their FAQ article dedicated to the issue of DID routing with 3CX (https://www.voipon.co.uk/helpdesk/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=115&nav=0,1) then the inbound calls fail before reaching our network with a BT esque message saying the line is temorarily out of service or other messages, sometimes it goes goes quiet for about 10-15 seconds and then routes to the Voipon Mailbox. There appears no logic behind the error message as they appear randomly to change.

They suggest to "Route to External Provider" and the format for the 2 field as:
“DDI-12345678-0845xxxxxxx" and "sip.voipon.co.uk" where 12345678 is the relevant Voipon Account number and the 0845xxxxxxx is the inbound number on that account.

Voipon have been pretty poor in their reponses (all email based as they forbid phone contact) and even after a pleasant chat with their tech staff (frustration took over after 10 days and direct contact was forced and eventually permitted!) and things have not progressed one bit.

Is there anyone out there with a working configuration for Voipon where you can use inbound DID rules to route calls?
thanks

Do you know how happy you've made me? After all this time I thought I was being dim if I couldn't see the problem, and now I know it isn't me!
The issue seems to be related to Voipon assigning all the DDI numbers to a single user ID, so they all get sent to the same 3CX trunk port and the default rule for the first DDI always applies. If only they could assign 2 IDs this would be solved.
Gareth Tomlinson

does the 3CX mng console not even sees the call and write something like "review invite and make some changes".
Do you see it on wireshark level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.