Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Issues migrating/upgrading v12 -> v12.5

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by slippyr4, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slippyr4

We had a working v12 installtion on a windows 7 machine (using abyss).

We have attempted to migrate to a new machine with windows server 2012 r2 standard, IIS, and using v12.5.

I made a backup of everything except call recordings on the old machine, and installed 3CX 12.5 on the new machine, opting to restore from backup file in the wizard.

However, on the new machine, whilst most of the functionality is working, our voice applications are not. These are made via our licensed version of Voice Application Designer.

When you connect to the voice application, you are met with silence. Looking in the 3cxIvrServer.log file, it appears normal -

11:41:04.794|3644|VXIMachine.cpp(1072):IvrDll, CallSession::prompts_Play(), Play Queued files
    11:41:10.857|3644|VXIMachine.cpp(806):IvrDll, CallSession::RegisterPrompt(), Added prompt C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\InHoursEnquiryHandler_2\Jenny_timeout_loop1.mp3
    11:41:10.857|3644|VXIMachine.cpp(806):IvrDll, CallSession::RegisterPrompt(), Added prompt C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\InHoursEnquiryHandler_2\pause.mp3
    11:41:10.888|3644|VXIMachine.cpp(806):IvrDll, CallSession::RegisterPrompt(), Added prompt C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\InHoursEnquiryHandler_2\Jenny_to_enquire.mp3

I can't see any other issues.

I've tried rebuilding and redeploying the voice app from the latest version of the designer software, which made no difference.
    Nor sure what can be wrong or how to proceed.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience that could help?

thanks

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    I will then move this topic to the VAD forum section.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. livn46

I'm interested to hear if you get a response, because upgrading to v12.5 also seems to have broken an IVR that we created using VAD, that was working fine in v12. It didn't break all of our projects, but this certain one. It's not exhibiting quite the same symptoms, because for ours when you try to dial the IVR it gets forwarded to a "This number cannot be dialed" message. I'm about to try re-building and re-deploying the project to see if that makes a difference.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. livn46

Rebuilding and redeploying the project did fix the issue that we were having. I don't think we've had to do that with previous upgrades.

5. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi there,

VAD projects should work in v12.5. Have you tried re-building and re-deploying the VAD projects?

Have you tried changing the MP3 format to WAV? MP3 format is not suggested, as it consumes a lot of CPU power, and it makes no sense to reduce space in a few small files.

Please, try with this and let me know if the problem persists.

Kind regards.

6. slippyr4

I did try rebuilding and redeploying and it has not helped.

I will try changing the prompts to WAV and see if that is effective. It's a shame to have to do that though - it'll be a bit time consuming, and it worked with MP3 before.

7. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Try with 1 file for now, if you note that it works with WAV then continue with the rest of the files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.