Issues provisioning BLFs in Template (Yealink)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ben Horder, Feb 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Horder

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone may have come across this - I'm working through an implementation for a customer and trying to provision their sidecars as part of the template. I have created a copy of the default and configured as required.

Relevant Information:
    3CX Server is a Windows Server 2012 R2 install with all current patches
    3CX itself is up to date (including SP3 hotfix)
    Phones are Yealink T54S running 70.82.0.20

The template was created prior to hotfix installation, but other than that, this is a brand new install, so my custom template is based on the current out of box template.

I have in the template:

Code:
    expansion_module.1.key.1.pickup_value = *20*
    expansion_module.1.key.1.value = 101
    expansion_module.1.key.1.type = 16
    expansion_module.1.key.1.label = Jane Doe
    expansion_module.1.key.1.extension = *20*

Retrieving the configuration from a provisioned phone, I see:

Code:
    expansion_module.1.key.1.extension = *20*
    expansion_module.1.key.1.label = Jane Done
    expansion_module.1.key.1.pickup_value = *20*
    expansion_module.1.key.1.type = 16
    expansion_module.1.key.1.value = 101
    Viewing the phones web interface, the BLF appears to be provisioned fine

Yealink.png

However on the phone itself, the BLF is showing up with no presence information and is greyed out (on an EXP50) - it works as a speed-dial, but never updates with presence.

The only fix I've found to this is to press and hold the button for the BLF to enter Edit mode on the phone itself, and then press Save (without making any changes). It immediately updates with presence and persists after reboots, etc.

BLFs configured via the user's extension properties in 3CX appear fine, there's no notable difference in the resulting phone configuration.

Has anyone experienced this and know of a fix?

Cheers,
    Ben

2. Ben Horder

Based on some further testing this morning, it also seems as though accessing the phone's web interface and going to Dsskey > Ext key > Confirm (without making ANY changes to the config) is enough to kick the BLFs into gear.

The phone is reporting the sidecar as running firmware 1.0.1.5 which I assume is correct - I can't find anywhere to download (or even verify version numbers) sidecar firmware independently of the phone firmware.

This certainly alleviates the issue of having to visit every phone and edit every BLF, but still isn't ideal.

3. Ben Horder

For those playing along at home, apparently the issue was really obvious: I needed to add
    Code:
    expansion_module.1.key.1.line = 1
    on each BLF.

Cheers,
    Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.