Issues/questions with 3CX setup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Gerald Warren, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerald Warren

Here's our office setup:
    All Macs & iPhones
    Desktop app: 3CXPhone for Mac - Version 14.0.0.147
    Mobile app: 3CXPhone 14 - Version 14.0.4
    3CX Phone System - Version 14 Service Pack 2
    Phones: Yealink model T23G

Paging/Intercom:
    I recently setup the paging dial code (Settings -> PBX -> Dial codes). Paging from a Yealink phone works. The mobile app will show a notification for an incoming call and then a missed call. The desktop app will show the 3CXPhone notification (the icon bounces), but neither soft app shows an entry in the call history. This may be a quirk with Apple notifications, but I'd like to see if anyone has thoughts on it.

Disable ringing
    On incoming calls, the Yealink phone, desktop app, and mobile app all ring. I understand why this happens, but as our office staff is typically at their desks, is there a means of having only the Yealink phone ring?

Fax
    I have configured and tested the fax option within 3CX, but is there a way to make the header smaller?
    I figured this issue out. The notification email that is sent out when a fax is received is an html template under the email settings. I worked up a template that better fit what we were looking for.

Yealink Screensaver Logo
    The Yealink phones LCD screen switched between the status screen and a 3CX banner, I assume as a screensaver function. Is there a way to change the logo, switching time, other options? This may be the wrong forum for this question.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I question why a missed call would show, on a device, at all, for a page. A person making the page, is not normally someone you would want to call back. as a page is usually a notification of some sort, pick-up a call on hold, etc.

If you are using the option to "ring my mobile at the same time", then you may be out of luck other than turning off data , or shutting down the App, while in the office. Others may have some ideas.

I would have to assume that this is a set option and if you don't get a solution from someone on this forum, then you might try one on the Yealink site. It may require an edit in the config file.

Can't help you with the fax as I don't use it, sorry.

3. 12494

12494 Member

You can change some of the 'screen saver' display characteristics by customizing the provisioning template. Keep in mind - 3CX does not support customized templates.

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Gerald Warren

Thanks for your feedback. I do not have the option to ring the mobile at the same time enabled on any extension. I understand the "feature" of having your extension ring everywhere, but it would be helpful to limit what device/app rings when an extension receives an incoming call.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sorry, wasn't thinking that it was the 3CX SIP App running on the Android devices. In that case, since the devices are registered as additional extensions, then they will all ring unless you "disable" that at each device (something that won't affect other extensions with the same number), or simply turn the ringer off. Being able to simply, switch from one extension ringing, then more than one, will require something a bit creative. I've seen people make use of Bluetooth proximity, to enable the ringer, on their mobile as soon as they walk away from their desk. This could also be accomplished with NFC, if supported by the device, but requires the user to remember to place the device in a certain spot, to activate/de-activate. In the same manner, I have seen users "deactivate" their desk phone by turning off the office light, which in turn, switches off the AC power supply to the set causing it turn off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.