Issues since changing ISP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nicenswift, Oct 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicenswift

Oct 25, 2013
    Based in UK

Been running version 11 fine for many months now using BT ADSL on a Windows 7 pro PC.

We have recently upgraded to a Cable ISP called Virgin Media.

This involved a new router.

I configured the new router to pass 5060 tcp/udp to the 3CX server and also 9000 to 9049 UDP.

All outbound calls and most inbound calls work fine but we seem to be getting voicemails from our SIP providor (Draytel) which should only be happening if our 3CX server was offline but it does not seem to be (we are made aware when the SIP trunk fails as I get and email from the 3CX server telling me so and I have had no emails as such).

Any advice would be greatly received.

Many thanks
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2008
    I'm not certain if the voicemails are a "notice" from your provider, of a problem, or is that simply where calls will route if they cannot reach your PBX?

In either case, it sounds as if registration expired, and it was assumed that you were "off-line", or, an Invite was sent and there was no response from 3CX.

First off, see if there is any sort of pattern, time of day, certain types of calls, etc. Check the 3CX logs for the same time period that match the voicemails, anything indicating a problem?

Ask your provider for more information about what they see happening. How often are they expecting 3CX to re-register with them. What is the minimum re-registration time that they will tolerate?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.