Issues with 3CX phone system 7.1 RC

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sipero, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sipero

Hi,

I removed the 3CX phonesystem Beta and re-installed the RC1 version but when I try to run the management interface I get this error

HTTP Error 500.22 - Internal Server Error
    An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated managed pipeline mode.

I used Windows Server 2008 Standard with ASP.NET 3.5 SP1

How do I fix this?

Jonathan Hamon

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you Installed Using Cassini use this Ip Format in your Browser:

http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:5481 Where X input the IP of the Machine with the 3CX PhoneSystem

If you havent used Cassini try going to the Download page of the 3CX Website and download the 3CXinstallation Checker. Uninstall the 3CXPhoneSystem and use the checker to see if there any traces left, and follow the guidelines to clean them from your System and try to Re-install again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sipero

Hi,

Sorry didn't have too much time to create the posting as I was on my way out to the show at Kensington Olympia. I'm using IIS 7

I've already run the installation checker and then re-installed the error however still persists.

From the information displayed it seems to be something to do with .NET

I've followed the suggested actions on the error page which relate to the .NET config file but does not seem to work.

Jonathan Hamon

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi can you confirm the following:

Start/Run inetmgr

Click on the management Virtual directory, Basic settings and confirm that the management website is running under the 3CX Application Pool and not the default app pool.

Do this for Myphone website and also IVR.

Did you install any updates related to any other websites you have on IIS? We are completely sure that when 3CX 7.1 RC is installed all the required websites work under the 3cx Application pool. However if your case proves otherwise we would like to have more details about what you did lately between the uninstallation of the previous version and installation of 7.1 RC. Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Did you install .net SP2 for example?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sipero

Hi,

Thanks for your input on this.

I checked the FAQs and manually removed a couple of keys that seem to have been left behind. I then re-installed again and it seems to be working.

For your information other than a few automatically installed Windows updates no changes had been made.

Jonathan Hamon

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Do you have the management console running at the moment? Without manual modifications in IIS? We need to know why your management console was not running at some point. Do you have an clue/hint for that? What OS are you running 3CX on? It greatly depends on the IIS version you are running on.

7. KrisHansen

I had this same error after uninstalling Beta 7.1 that was running cassini then reinstalling in IIS mode to 7.1 RC1 & it was solved from the info in Nicky's first post.

"Start/Run inetmgr

Click on the management Virtual directory, Basic settings and confirm that the management website is running under the 3CX Application Pool and not the default app pool.

Do this for Myphone website and also IVR. "

Both the Management & the Myphone site were running under the default application pool. I changed them to the 3cx app pool, no need to even restart anything, just works.

8. sipero

Hi,

Yes I now have Managenment interface and phone system running.

I'm running this as a HyperV container on Windows Server 2008 Standard with ASP.NET 3.5 SP1 on IIS

Jonathan Hamon

9. mademirci

nickybrg s solution worked for my configuration on windows 2008 64bit

10. FITEC

just encountered the same error with fresh install 3CX 7.1 build 7139 on windows server 2008 r2 but change of application pool did do the trick

11. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

a) yes - version 7.1 was not tested on Windows server RC2

b) Windows 2008 RC 2 is definitely not yet complete. There are many things that still crash in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.