Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Issues with Caller-ID from PSTN line to Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by theatretch85, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theatretch85

I am having issues with getting the caller id to show up on my IP phones. I am currently using the Linksys SPA 3102 gateway, to connect to a local telco line. The IP phones I am using are the Linksys SPA 962 and Linksys SPA 942 IP phones. The IP telephony network is all running on a separate subnet from my data network, and I can make/receive calls on any IP phone/soft client. The only real issue I am experiencing is the caller id pass through from the local telco line to the IP phone display. I have tried changing the "PSTN call answer delay" on the gateway to several different values with no luck, it is currently set at 4.5 but only shows the PSTN line extension in the display. When I look at the config page for the gateway, it does show the last called number and ID in the "info" page. So it would appear that the gateway is able to see that information correctly, its just not passing that information onto the local PBX and out to the display phones.

I am curious what the 5th line down means, the "device not identified". Can anyone help me out here? I suspect it is something simple, but I have tried just about everything I can think of and all the research I have done doesn't seem to be working.

Server Status log:
    15:39:09.450 Call::Terminate [CM503008]: Call(207): Call is terminated
    15:39:09.435 LineCfg::getInboundTarget [CM503012]: Inbound out-of-office hours' rule for LN:10000 forwards to DN:100
    15:38:55.497 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503004]: Call(207): Calling: Ext:Ext.100@[Dev:sip:100@172.18.0.4:5060]
    15:38:55.497 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503010]: Making route(s) to [sip:100@sip.zion.lan:5060]
    15:38:55.482 Line::printEndpointInfo [CM505002]: Gateway:[PSTN Line] Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [Linksys/SPA3102-5.1.7(GW)] Transport: [sip:172.18.0.2:5060]
    15:38:55.482 LineCfg::getInboundTarget [CM503012]: Inbound out-of-office hours' rule for LN:10000 forwards to DN:100
    15:38:55.435 CallCtrl::eek:nIncomingCall [CM503001]: Call(207): Incoming call from 10000@(Ln.10000@PSTN Line) to [sip:100@sip.zion.lan:5060]
    15:38:55.435 LineCfg::getInboundTarget [CM503012]: Inbound out-of-office hours' rule for LN:10000 forwards to DN:100

2. galal202

galal202 New Member

Hello,
    in regional tab
    What is your
    Caller ID Method:
    and
    Caller ID FSK Standard:

and in pstn line tab
    did you input any datat in
    PSTN CID Number Prefix:
    or
    PSTN CID Name Prefix:

3. theatretch85

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, below is the data currently set in the settings you asked about. I have attempted to change the values to other settings to see if that would work, but it didn't. Ive reset the gateway multiple times and have reconfigured the settings to reconnect it to the PBX.

Regional Tab:
    Caller ID Method: Bellcore (N.Amer,China)
    Caller ID FSK Standard: v.23

PSTN Line Tab:
    PSTN CID Number Prefix: <blank>
    PSTN CID Name Prefix: <blank>

Any advice as to what these values should be, please let me know.

Thanks!

4. galal202

galal202 New Member

Regional Tab:
    Caller ID FSK Standard: v.23 try change to bell 202
    and play arround Caller ID Method: Bellcore (N.Amer,China)

5. StanF

On the PSTN tab, FXO Timer Values section, try setting the PSTN Answer Delay to say 3. This will allow the 3102 time to digest the caller ID info from the PSTN call.

Stan

6. theatretch85

I have tried setting the Caller ID FSK to bell 202, with no luck. I do remember changing the Caller ID Method, but I don't remember which ones I have tried.

Currently I have the PSTN Answer delay set to 4.5, I have tried 3, and 5, 0, 2, etc with no luck.

The "info" page shows the last called phone number and caller ID on the Gateway config page, so it does appear to be reading the info, but its not getting passed to the IP phone display. It just sends the extension number of the 3102 gateway and whatever I set in the 3102 for the name of the ext. I suspect it has to be a simple setting that I am missing, but I have yet to find it.

Also, I am using the "trial" license key to see if that helps and so far it hasn't changed anything.

Hope this info helps!

I will see if I can post some screen shots of the config settings when I get home.....

7. amygoda

amygoda Member

SPA3102 works fine with 3CX so you have to:
    1-reset to factory set and reconfig again
    or
    2-talk to your pstn company

8. theatretch85

I will try resetting it back to factory defaults tonight when I get home. Ive reset it multiple times with no luck in the past. What is weird is that the "info" tab in the configuration settings for the SPA 3102 gateway shows the caller id and phone number for the last person who called; its just not getting past the gateway to the PBX and on into the IP phones.

9. StanF

I have struggled with the same problem for months. I can get caller ID with the PSTN delay set to three but it has a side effect that when people call from my local phone exchange the 3102 will not answer the call and forward it to 3cx unless I set the PSTN delay back to 0 even though it sees the call and registers the caller ID info on the linksys Info page. Somewhere in these 5 million 3102 settings there is a magic combination that I have yet to find and my experience is that settings that work for one person may not work for another because there is wide variation (voltages, frequencies) even within a country.

Stan

10. theatretch85

OK, I reset the gateway last night to factory default, re-configured the gateway to the proper IP address and all the authentication settings for the PBX. I can still see the caller ID info show up on the linksys config page under the "info" tab, but it still does not come through to the phones. I have attached a few screenshots of the Linksys SPA 3102 configuration, maybe someone will see something out of place that I am just missing. The info page shows the caller id information, just as it would show up on my standard phones in the house.

It might be worth noting that I have Charter Phone through Charter Cable. It works fine with all the other phones in the house (currently setup with a splitter to the phones in the house and the SPA3102).

11. worksighted

worksighted New Member

The PSTN for VOIP CID is set to "no".....should that be "yes"?

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. theatretch85

Hmm, I never noticed that actually. I don't have an "online" VOIP service and I just assumed that would allow that connection, but looking at that section, it looks like that's probably what I am missing! I will give that a try once I get home. It's always good to have another set of eyes look at the configuration.

13. mahzaed

Hi
    I think it should be written in spa3102 3cx guide

14. theatretch85

Wow, I feel dumb, lol! Changing that setting to "Yes" worked! I knew it had to be something simple that I was missing, Thanks for the help!

15. worksighted

worksighted New Member

:)

No problem. Glad it worked.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. warever

Perhaps a little late of a response, but I was also having trouble getting Caller ID onto the ringing phones (Linksys SPA962) from a 3102 gateway. I tried a bunch of things and finally figured it out tonight (before reading this thread). The problem was that I had the "Display Name" on the 3102 set to "PSTN 4" (actually, 1-4 depending on which of my 4 devices) and that's what got sent. When I cleared that entirely, it started to work. I also changed the PSTN Answer Delay to 3 from 0, though I'm not sure if that was really needed.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the Caller ID passed when a call goes through the auto-attendant and then gets transferred to a ring group.

17. mjvd87

hello, I have the same problem, but in my case, I just tried turn on "PSTN CID For VoIP CID" function in the PSTN tab of my linksys SPA-3102, and the problem continue (without see the true caller ID of PSTN number that who call me on my phone extension). I think that I have considere a "PSTN Answer Delay" with the value 3 for exemple.

But, when I put this value(PSTN Answer Delay at 3), the phone don't ring. I wait on calling very very time, and the phone don't ring.

What I have to do??

Any suggestion?

Help me please!

Thanks,

Mário Dias

18. voipbaennjer

By the way. The settings in the regional tab have nothing to do with incoming caller id. These settings are for the connected phone at the FXS port to controll what type of caller id is sent to that phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.