Issues with GXW4104 Gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Marcellop, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Marcellop

I am trying to connect 3 phone lines to the gateway and I have the following issues:

Created the lines using the template for GXW4104, the same with the suggested configuration for the unit itself. However, only one line responds when called:

[CM103002] Call(71): Incoming call from unknown (Ln:10000@GXW-4104GYE) to sip:10000@192.168.1.108:5060

The other lines when called do not produce any response from the server (the leds and the settings on the browser of the GXW show the lines as being busy while called)

All lines show on the Line Status as registered.

The other issue with the only line that works is that it will start ringing the phones only after 3 rings of the regular phones on the same line. I have read it has something to do with the caller ID function, and that it can be set, but where?

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

While I haven't tried that gateway yet did you go through the template for the PSTN line in 3CX?
    Did you follow the setup config for it that is posted on the 3CX site?
    http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/Grandstream-GXW-41044108/ NO LONGER AVAILABLE. NEW LINK: http://www.3cx.com/support/

3. Marcellop

Followed the instructions very carefully checked every option more than once.

4. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Hi Marcellop,

Please provide more information for GXW4104. What you need to do is setup the syslog server. Then at GXW4104 set syslog level to "DEBUG" and set syslog server point to that syslog server.
    Do the same thing for hit the problem. Copied the debug logs here, let us see what happen at GXW4104. That may be help to solved your issue.

One more question, do you use GXW400x FXS as well?

Regards,
    5Q